Expatriate News - Issue 31|2017
12 September 2017
The BDO Expatriate Newsletter provides a brief overview of issues affecting international assignees, predominantly, but not exclusively, from a tax and social security perspective.
This newsletter brings together individual country updates over recent months. As you will appreciate, the wealth of changes across multiple jurisdictions is significant so to provide easily digestible information we have kept it to the key developments that are likely to affect your business and international assignees.
- Canada: Strategies to manage the risks and costs of short-term business travel
- Australia: Global mobility, Australia’s changing immigration laws and the challenges to business – a moving feast
- Belgium: Manageable and feasible work
- Canada: Voluntary disclosures program consultations
- The Netherlands: Days of physical presence test
- Saudi Arabia: The Government of Saudi Arabia recently introduced measures to increase the number of Saudi nationals employed locally
- Sweden: Legislative proposal from the Swedish tax agency regarding the implementation of the term ‘economic employer’
- United States of America: Why the Trump tax reform plan will create an explosion of mobility opportunities in the US!